Identity of the company
Name: GTB npo
Legal form: non-profit organisation
Registered office: Kongostraat 7, 9000 GENT
Company number: 0894.570.127
VAT number: BE0894.570.127
E-mail: in f o @ g t b . b e
- Company: the company GTB vzw, for which the data are recorded in article 1.
- User: any natural or legal person who uses or wishes to use the website ‘Start to Can’.
Use of the Start to Can website
- Start to Can is being developed with young people in mind to facilitate the transition from school to work, but can certainly also be implemented more broadly for young people in general and in different contexts such as education, social context, leisure time, youth work, etc.
- By using this website, the young people are encouraged to self-reflection and self-realization by using ‘I will – I can – I do’. They are encouraged, without any obligation, to further develop their different skills and to formulate their goals, strengths and challenges through exercises, tips and information and learn to lead more fulfilling life.
- This online tool is preventive in nature and cannot be regarded as therapy. The user is always responsible for their own health and should take timely initiative to actively look elsewhere for help when he feels the need for this purpose or if he is in a state of crisis.
- The Start To Can web application is in a test phase which will end on 31/12/2021. Based on the test results, the deployment of the 'STC tool' will be further fine-tuned. In the test phase, the STC tool will be offered by GTB and the school as a test environment. GTB acts as the data controller. There is no connection whatsoever with the electronic data processing or the pupil monitoring system of the school. The student decides for himself whether certain results, insights are shared with the teacher, mediator and/or coach.
Acceptance of the General Terms and Conditions and data processing
- These General Terms and Conditions are applicable to the relationship between GTB vzw and the student. By using the website, the user explicitly consents to the General Terms and Conditions.
- The user is also aware that the use of the website implies that he must share certain socio-demographic data with the company, which may relate to the person of the user. By using this website, the user consents to the processing of these data, in accordance with the Privacy Statement. The student is not obligated to provide identity information to use the STC-tool.
- If the user does not wish to provide his/her socio-demographic data thruthfully, he/she must refrain from using this website. The same applies if the user does not wish to grant permission to the company to process his data.
- These General Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement are made available via the website. They are also shared prior to the registration for the website’s use.
- The Privacy Statement is referred to for any information linked to the processing of personal data.
Liability of the company
- The information on Start to Can was compiled with due care. However, the user accepts that the company may not be held liable for direct or indirect damages that may result from the use of the information provided on the website.
- The user acknowledges that the company involves a third party for the hosting of the website. The company is not liable for direct or indirect damages due to issues concerning the accessibility and availability of Start to Can and due to the hosting by the third party.
- The Start to Can website is owned by the partnership GTB vzw - Pulso Europe BV and UCLL, but all functionalities, both in terms of content and software, are public since the development is done with public funds from the ESF and VFC. After the test phase, a protocol will be established so that third parties can also use the STC tool.
- The user is free to download, copy and print the information contained on the website (the exclusive property of the company). However, these actions should only be undertaken if they are intended exclusively for personal use of this information.
- It is not allowed to reproduce or distribute the information contained on this website for any non-personal use, including commercial use. It is not permitted to obtain the website's source code through decompilation or in any other way.
Cookies and hyperlinks
- In addition to Google Analytics cookies, the website uses a session cookie and a persistent cookie for the website's login system. The session cookie is automatically deleted after closing your browser. The persistent cookie is used to keep you logged in for a number of days. The persistent cookie can be deleted manually via the browser settings, and is automatically deleted after 7 days or upon explicit log-off.
- There may be hyperlinks to external websites on the website. The company is not liable for the content of these external websites, given that it exercises no control over them. The inclusion of hyperlinks does not mean that the company approves of all elements that these sites may contain and does not imply a partnership with the owners of these external sites.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- All legal relationships arising between the user and the company by virtue of using the Start to Can website are subject solely to Belgian law, excluding the provisions of private international law in which a different legal system is applicable.
- The court of the judicial district of Ghent (Belgium) has exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute between the company and the user. However, if the user is a consumer within the meaning of art. I.1, 1° WER (Wetboek van economisch recht, Code of Economic Law), the court that is designated by the law has jurisdiction.